Home Inspections Avert Future Headaches
Suppose you bought a house and later discovered, to your dismay, that the stucco exterior concealed a nasty case of dry rot. Or suppose that when you fired up the furnace in the winter, you discovered a cracked heat exchanger leaking gas into your home. The best way to avoid unpleasant surprises like these is to arrange for a home inspection before you buy.
Types of Inspections and Costs
- Home Inspection ($300+)
- Termite Inspection ($50+)
- Radon Inspection ($100-$200+) www.KentuckyRadon.org
- Mold Inspection ($150-1000+)
- Lead Base Paint ($200-$800+)
- Staked Survey ($300-$1,200+)
- Septic Inspection ($300-$500+)
You can choose any inspector that you would like. The following are a list of recommended home inspectors. We recommend that you always be present for your inspections so you can ask the inspector any questions that you might have. Your Buyer's agent will not be present due to legal and liability issues.